[Aaus-list] Disc.: Ukrainian Parliamentary Elections, Kyiv 16.10.2012

Andreas Umland andreumland at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 02:49:57 EDT 2012

The German Business Club in Ukraine (DWK)
http://dwk.kiev.ua/

The DWK cordially invites to the panel discussion:

“Ukraine on October 28 – completely without choice?”
on October 16, 2012 at 19.30 (registration starts at 19.00)
at Radisson Blu Hotel, Yaroslaviv Val street 22, Kyiv

Political and economic life of the country is now almost completely
paralyzed. Everyone who has the authority to take decisions is waiting
for the parliamentary elections scheduled for October 28. These
elections raise a lot of issues and expectations. Will they be fair
(before, during and after)? Which of the political forces will manage to
 break throw? Will Ukraine’s image change after the elections? What does
 the West expect from the Ukrainian elections?

And from Ukraine itself? What will Ukraine’s Eurointegration course be like?

Speakers:
Anka Feldhusen, Permanent Representative of the German Embassy in Ukraine
Hannes Schreiber, Head of the Political Section of the EU-Delegation to Ukraine
Volodymyr Fesenko, Chairman of the Management Board of the Centre for political Studies „Penta“
Kyryl Savin, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (representative in Ukraine).

Moderator:
Miriam Kosmehl, the Head of the Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung (representative in Ukraine).

We have a pleasure to receive a participation conformation from His Excellency German Ambassador Dr. Christof Weil.

And of course we are looking forward to seeing you!
Event languages: German/Ukrainian with simultaneous translation.
Followed by: Buffet

Please register by E-mail prior to October 12, 2012: info at dwk.kiev.ua.

We kindly ask all interested to transfer participation fee in amount of
450,- UAH but not later than 12.10.2012 to the club's bank account. For
members of the DWK this event is free.

Thank you very much!

We look forward to seeing you!
Kind regards,