[Aaus-list] The sieve through which Russia lauders/parks its $$ (fwd)

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Mar 19 12:51:28 EDT 2013

In case the Cyprus crisis is difficult to follow, here's the 3-4 sentence
summary:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/shorter-cyprus/

The critical point is not the money-laudering oligarchs, not the Germans
who are insisting on the deal, but Cypriot bank depositors are going to
fund the bailout (as the deal is currently structured; it still may
unravel). The issue is that caution is required in unilaterally and
categorically pushing Ukraine into the prevailing meme: Euro-Atlantic
integration.

Especially since the Euro in whatever configurations (Monetary Union,
Union) is disintegrating (throw in the 2014 Scotland and
Catalonia sovreignty referendums, and the mess begins to become more
unwieldy).

MP
pyz at brama.com