[Aaus-list] Fwd: Ukrainian Folklore Audio update

Chernetsky, Vitaly chernev at miamioh.edu
Tue May 21 08:44:51 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,
FYI.

Best,
VC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Natalie Kononenko <nataliek at ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Subject: Ukrainian Folklore Audio update

Dear Colleagues,

Just wanted to give you an update on our website.  Since I last wrote, we
have had quite a few contributions to our site.  Our wonderful volunteers
have done transcriptions and translations of many more folk songs,
including songs recorded among Ukrainians in Kazakhstan.  We have 43 songs
transcribed and translated.  This is not including the songs from
Kazakhstan. 6 of those have been done.

We now have a category we did not have before.  Thanks to Myroslava Uniat
and some prolific anonymous contributors, we have transcriptions and
translations of quite a few folktales.  7 of these have been both
transcribed and translated and there are some transcribed tales that await
your translations.

About the only category that has not been worked on is beliefs.

To view the materials available and to contribute, please go to:
http://research.artsrn.ualberta.ca/ukrfolklore/index.html

--
Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography