[Aaus-list] FW: Please, support our protest against liquidation of the M.Hrushevsky Institute of Ukrainian Archeography and Source Studies

Chernetsky, Vitaly A vchernetsky at ku.edu
Tue Oct 29 10:55:48 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

In a disturbing development, there are plans to close the Hrushevsky Institute of Ukrainian Archeography and Source Studies at the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Several letters of protest have already been organized or are in the process of being organized. Below please find an appeal from Serhii Hirik, a prominent researcher at the Institute. Please feel free to voice your concerns individually. The AAUS is also working on possible actions on behalf of our Association. I will try to keep you informed of the developments to the best of my knowledge. This will certainly be one of the topics for discussion at our upcoming business meeting at the ASEEES convention in Boston.

Sincerely,

Vitaly Chernetsky
AAUS President

Vitaly Chernetsky
Associate Professor
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Kansas
2140 Wescoe Hall, 1445 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7594
(785) 864-2359