[Aaus-list] [Ukrainians For Obama] roundtable "Role of Ukrainians Abroad in Ukraine's Crisis Resolution and Development of a Democratic Society" (fwd)

Robert A. De Lossa robertdelossa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 10:24:37 EDT 2014

A different roundtable, one that we held last week at Lowell High School in Lowell, MA. It's now available online at vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/90781351

Dr. Sofia Dyak, Shklar fellow from HURI, Harvard University participated, along with Lt. Col. Peter D'Amico (USAF ret.), who was assistant Air Force Attaché under Steve Pifer in '98-'00, and myself.

It is our first attempt at something like this (university level), where we had everyone from students to retirees from the community. The audience included students, teachers, and staff from the high school; students and faculty from the local community college and UMass Lowell; and members from the community. One of Congresswoman Nikki Tsongas' student interns came to dinner with us afterward and talked with Dr. Dyak for a long time. Another was in the audience.

The forum and format were very popular with those who attended. Working with local education institutions for outreach education might be an important factor moving forward. Lowell does not have a significant Ukie population, but interest was high.

Best,

Rob

Robert De Lossa
robertdelossa at gmail.com