[Aaus-list] AAUS-list, the role of institutions, and individual responsibility

Chernetsky, Vitaly A vchernetsky at ku.edu
Thu Apr 3 14:31:36 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

The latest e-mail exchange on the list forces me to re-send the message below. Please re-read it carefully.

Also, please be constructive in your contributions. This list is a public face of our association that is archived online. Please refrain from sending messages that vent your personal frustrations and do not make a productive scholarly contribution. Also, please think twice before sending knee-jerk responses to messages with which you disagree. If there is even a single additional posting to the list today that veers into the direction of flame wars and getting personal, the list will go into full-moderation lockdown and WILL STAY IN THIS MODE FOR AS LONG AS NECESSARY.

Sincerely,

Vitaly Chernetsky
AAUS President and AAUS-list moderator

Vitaly Chernetsky
Associate Professor
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Kansas
2140 Wescoe Hall, 1445 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7594
(785) 864-2359