[Aaus-list] Results of S.2124 vote and next steps.

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Mon Mar 24 20:50:22 EDT 2014

Greetings,

The senate voted ... I don't know how to recreate the language...
essentially to prevent filibustering.

Here's the appropriate link:
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=2&vote=00079

The next step is that there will be consideration by the House Foreign
Affairs Committee tomorrow (3/25/2014) at 10am.

As Ali writes, "Big issue is tomorrow morning at 1- am the House marks up
their robust package. So we need to hit them with calls/emails pushing
fast passage and IMF letter. Their foreign affairs committee staff were
very interested in the signed joint statement.."

I assume that the signed joint statement was the statement issued by the
US United with Ukraine Coalition statement sent out this a.m.

So as Ali says, please hit your Congressional people with calls and emails
to get fast passage. What's the part about the IMF Letter?

Please get this into your networks far and wide; please call and email
tomorrow pre-10am. Those of you in LA, that means you have to get up
really early.

;-)

Marta Fedoriw indicated that the Senate is going to vote on Wednesday. Can
we get a verification/confirmation on that please?

More as it becomes available.

MP