[Aaus-list] Vice News DPR documentary

Sorokowski, Andrew (ENRD) Andrew.Sorokowski at usdoj.gov
Tue Oct 14 15:13:57 EDT 2014

True, I suppose, though the term “this bio-mass” has disturbing overtones (“human material,” etc.). Moreover, this reminds me of how we American northerners view the South and its “rednecks.” I wonder how much of that stupidity is a result of poor education, poverty, unemployment, alcoholism and malnutrition (and their effects on offspring), a toxic environment, etc. The well-fed bourgeois liberal of New York and the well-fed bourgeois patriot of Kyiv despise the “element” their policies have allowed to develop in places like, respectively, Mississippi or the Donbas. Maybe they should instead share some of the benefits they’ve had in terms of hygiene, education, employment, social infrastructure, etc. If Kyiv had paid more attention to the southeast, Russia might not have found it so easy to find a mass of social discontents ready to take up arms for its cause.
AS