[Aaus-list] AAUS at the ASN convention, New York, April 23-26, 2015

Chernetsky, Vitaly A vchernetsky at ku.edu
Thu Apr 16 19:07:57 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings! A week from today, the annual world convention of the Association for the Study of Nationalities (ASN) will begin at Columbia University in New York City. The conference will run from April 23 through April 25.

As always, the ASN convention will feature a rich array of events related to Ukraine and Ukrainian studies. All conference events take place at the International Affairs Building at Columbia, located at 118th St. & Amsterdam Ave.

Attached please find the list of these panels and other events generously compiled by our own Myroslava Znayenko. Thank you so much, Myroslava, for your invaluable and ongoing contribution to our association.

I would like to highlight two events in particular:

On Saturday, April 25, the AAUS semi-annual business meeting will take place at the 12th Floor Harriman Institute common area from 1:20 to 2:50 p.m. Lunch will be served.

One of the very important tasks to be accomplished during that meeting is the election of the next slate of AAUS leadership (the Executive Board and Committees). The current composition of the Board and all the Committees can be found on our website at: http://ukrainianstudies.org/members.php

We are very much looking for nominations and self-nominations to stand for election for a variety of positions on the Board and Committees. Please send those nominations to the Nominating Committee and copy them to yours truly for record keeping. You do not need to be physically present at the meeting to stand for elections, but agreeing to stand for elections and a brief statement of your interests and qualifications would be appreciated. Needless to say, please make sure your membership in the AAUS is current.

Additionally, the Shevchenko Society in the US will be hosting a reception for Ukrainian Studies scholars on Sunday, April 26, from 2 to 4 p.m., at the Society's headquarters at:
63 Fourth Avenue, New York, NY 10003 (between 9th and 10th St.)

On behalf of the AAUS leadership, I very much hope to see many of you at our meeting and other ASN-related events next week. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have further questions regarding this and related matters.

Sincerely,

Vitaly Chernetsky
AAUS President

Vitaly Chernetsky
Associate Professor & Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Associate Director, Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
University of Kansas
2140 Wescoe Hall & 320G Bailey Hall
Lawrence, KS 66045
(785) 864-2359