[Aaus-list] Happy Independence Day, Ukraine!

Chernetsky, Vitaly A vchernetsky at ku.edu
Mon Aug 24 12:20:27 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,
On behalf of the Board of the American Association for Ukrainian Studies, I would like to convey to all of you, as well as to our colleagues worldwide, to the people of Ukraine, and to supporters of Ukraine wherever they may be, our greetings and best wishes on Ukraine's Independence Day. In these difficult times, our main wish is for peace and for the realization of the hopes for a future Ukraine built on foundations of freedom, equality, democracy, and respect for human dignity--or, as the American Declaration of Independence says, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! We remember and honor those who gave their lives for this noble goal.

Vitaly Chernetsky
AAUS President

Vitaly Chernetsky
Associate Professor & Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures, 2140 Wescoe Hall
Acting Director, Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies, 302 Bailey Hall
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045
(785) 864-2359
vchernetsky at ku.edu