[Aaus-list] Himka-Lozynsky debate

Gene Shklar geneshklar at comcast.net
Mon May 23 00:17:22 EDT 2016

Metaphor alert!  And can anyone explain what the text below means?

On May 19, 2016, at 6:37 AM, Vadim Gorbach wrote:

History is not really science but an art of fictional conceptualization of the coherence that connects the pre-defined propaganda dots in the demanding services to the military, political, and ideological winners. It is not an intellectually honest scholar who prevails but a geisha, an artist of articulation in the hidden world of mirrors, shades, and illusions. Morality emerges as the pre-concocted silver lining of the very dark clouds of obscure human souls, a blindfold with thin openings that helps tunnel our way to the so incomplete, so imperfect but so alluring visions of our glorified, beautificated forefathers, the mythical gods of outsized proportions we so long to embrace and enshrine.