[Aaus-list] TV programs about Vasyl Stefanyk and Borys Liatoshynsky

Marko R. Stech m.stech at utoronto.ca
Mon May 30 17:47:19 EDT 2016

Dear Friends in the American Association of Ukrainian Studies!

I would like to recommend for you two English-language Eye on Culture TV segments about two brilliant Ukrainian artists: writer Vasyl Stefanyk and composer Borys Liatoshynsky.

#9. about prominent Ukrainian writer VASYL STEFANYK and his difficult relations with his Ukrainian contemporaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=canFAOXb11k

#10. About composer BORYS LIATOSHYNSKY and the history of Ukrainian symphonic music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx28WZp-rok

(The Eye on Culture TV segments are produced by Tania Stech (with my assistance) for the Kontakt Ukrainian TV in Toronto on the basis of my Ukrainian-language «Очима культури» TV segments that have by now achieved considerable popularity in Ukraine.)

With best regards,

Marko R. Stech

Dr. Marko R. Stech

Executive Director, CIUS Press

Project Manager, Internet Encyclopedia of Ukraine

Project Manager, Hrushevsky Translation Project

Course Director, Ukrainian Culture within the European Context, York University

Producer of "Eye on Culture" TV segments, KONTAKT TV Network