[Aaus-list] WaPo: Tillerson prepared statement

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Jan 10 21:10:02 EST 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/r/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2017/01/10/Editorial-Opinion/Graphics/011117_Tillerson_Opening_Statement-1.pdf

"We must also be clear-eyed about our relationship with Russia. Russia
today poses a danger, but it is not unpredictable in advancing its own
interests. It has invaded Ukraine, including the taking of Crimea, and
supported Syrian forces that brutally violate the laws of war. Our NATO
allies are right to be alarmed at a resurgent Russia.

Where cooperation with Russia based on common interests is possible, such
as reducing the global threat of terrorism, we ought to explore these
options. Where important differences remain, we should be steadfast in
defending the interests of America and her allies. Russia must know that
we will be accountable to our commitments and those of our allies, and
that Russia must be held to account for its actions."

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com